My (rather old) washer blew through to me personally a weeks that are few (evidently it has been unbalanced for some time. Was included with the accepted spot and I also never ever thought an excessive amount of the vibration until it was far too late.) and am getting a brand brand new set delivered to my brand new set (Washer HERE, GAS Dryer HERE) from Sears on Thursday.
They wanted about $80 plus parts to put in them (I forget if it had been each or even for both) and I also declined having simply disconnected everything myself, we figured it might be simple enough to setup this new people. I’m maybe not particularly handy but I am at about replace-my-own-ceiling-fan, remove-and-reinstall-my-own-garbage-disposal level.
I’m maybe maybe not overly worried about the washer, but I happened to be reviewing the manual for the dryer on the internet and it’s got me only a little stressed. It discusses having to purge the fuel type of atmosphere twice, using teflon tape (i did not see any proof of that in the old install), etc.
Therefore I wanted to pose issue- is it something which some body within my degree are designed for myself or is there enough gotchas that i will cough the money up?
EDIT: we succeeded thanks in large part to the answer here- thank you today.
I ended up buying ‘yellow’ gas-approved teflon tape and a fresh versatile fuel line (become safe. It had been $30 though!). And a dryer that is new hose (also pricey) since evidently we required a steel one while the existing one had been foil.
It was about as easy as I hoped.
- I connected the (new) exhaust vent hose making use of the stress coupling bands ( perhaps maybe not yes the right term) that was included with it on both sides- wall surface and appliance. The manual demanded to not make use of foil vent, therefore a metal was used by me one. (regrettably, probably the most versatile metal one we found pushes the dryer away too much through the wall for my requirements- i can not close the doorway to my washing case now. Subject of another post i suppose. I’ll take to a «periscope» dryer vent.)
- We connected the gas that is new to your valve regarding the wall surface, making use of a layer of yellow teflon tape on the threads (even though the Residence Depot guy appeared to think We’d only want it from the appliance part)
- We connected one of several couplings that are removable the fuel line towards the straight back for the dryer (again, utilized tape and even though maybe not necessary)
- Fired up the fuel for a brief minute to purge the line
- Loosely threaded the fruzo gasoline line into this coupling, additionally making use of tape as suggested; purged once again
- Tightened with a (newly bought) pipeline wrench.
- Switched on the gasoline and listened & smelled for fuel at both connections — odorless and silen 🙂
Took possibly half an hour, almost all of that time ended up being spent wrestling the stress couplings and hoping to get the threads to take- ended up being attempting to be extremely gentle.
Dryer started appropriate up no nagging issues and it also (and now we!) survived two test loads.
So, went well, it was found by me relatively simple and would try it again. Thanks for assisting me personally build my skillset!
(Including the photo that is requested even though it’s a little belated. Note that we covered the hard-gas-line’s opening with painter’s tape and stuck it on/around the valve which means you can not view it, but it is there. Desired to protect it from most of the lint and dust going swimming down there.)